With the holiday season coming up I thought that this would be a great opportunity to make a post on possible gift idea for the magical in your life or perhaps a little self-indulgent treat.
Background credit [x]
Lets start off the list with a Sailor Moon phone case, this is a perfectly cute and practical gift released this year in conjunction with the re-release of Sailor Moon sometime next year. I chose this design as pop-art style and strong bold graphics featuring a selection of henshin items would be suitable for any Sailor Moon fan.
With my recent post about the official Sailor Moon cosmetics I was inspired to find other cute magical girl inspired cosmetics that are perhaps more accessible than the official items themselves.
The rise of online shops such as Pretty & Cute sell Asian beauty products that have this visual language selling brands such as Etude House and Dolly Wink. This kitsch/cute aesthetic isn’t traditionally used in western cosmetics packaging however I have noticed some cuter packaging being produced. Here are a few Magical Girl style cosmetics:
Background credit [x]
1. Ted Baker Bright Bow Make-Up Case – Very pink,very modern and very lovely [x]
2. Etude House Etoinette Crystal Powder – I absolutely love the princess-style packaging for this face powder… [x]
3. Too Faced Sweetheart Beads,Radiant Glow Face Powder – These are so cute! [x]
4. Ciate (Funhouse) – A super cuter glittery purple nail polish [x]
5. Ciate (Candy Floss) – How lovely is this pink polish? it is the perfect candy floss pink [x]
6. Again, I love this packaging, the colours pretty too. [x]
I always carry some sort of notebook around with me just incase I get an idea or need to write/draw something. I know in this day and age it seems strange because of the heavy reliance on mobile devices, but I like the freedom and physicality pen and paper has. As a result of my notes and scribbles I need to get a new notebook every now and then, and this one is especially adorable; I found it on sale at Paperchase. I don’t imagine it will last as long as my old Muji one but I couldn’t resit its glittery cuteness…