With my recent post about the official Sailor Moon cosmetics I was inspired to find other cute magical girl inspired cosmetics that are perhaps more accessible than the official items themselves.
The rise of online shops such as Pretty & Cute sell Asian beauty products that have this visual language selling brands such as Etude House and Dolly Wink. This kitsch/cute aesthetic isn’t traditionally used in western cosmetics packaging however I have noticed some cuter packaging being produced. Here are a few Magical Girl style cosmetics:
Background credit [x]
1. Ted Baker Bright Bow Make-Up Case – Very pink,very modern and very lovely [x]
2. Etude House Etoinette Crystal Powder – I absolutely love the princess-style packaging for this face powder… [x]
3. Too Faced Sweetheart Beads,Radiant Glow Face Powder – These are so cute! [x]
4. Ciate (Funhouse) – A super cuter glittery purple nail polish [x]
5. Ciate (Candy Floss) – How lovely is this pink polish? it is the perfect candy floss pink [x]
6. Again, I love this packaging, the colours pretty too. [x]
My lovely new nail design ❤
Base: All in One Base (Essie)
Colour: Pink Diamonds (Essie), Pink Plush (Leighton Denny) & Nail Tip Whitener (Rimmel London)
Top: Good to Go (Essie)
My little crochet heart (Tutorial). Made as an attempt to slowly use up all my yarn…
Also I made a phone charm… I love the pattern on the feathers.